Friday, October 10, 2008

A little homesick

A couple of weeks ago a co-worker of mine asked me if I was homesick. I actually had to think about it for a second ... um, actually, no. There was no time to think about home, too many new things taking my time & brainpower. I asked Brian the same question & he felt the same way.
Perhaps it's that we're settling in a bit or we just missed a few major events at home, but it's kind of hitting me now ... there's some people I really miss.
On October 2nd it was Brian's Mom's birthday. I happen to be pretty lucky in the mother-in-law department. Marie is the peace keeper, the wisdom & the heart of the family. Hopefully, you had a good birthday ... we miss you & love you lots!
In an interesting coincidence my sister's husband also celebrates his birthday on the same day. He's up in chilly Flin Flon right now ... loving every minute of it though, no doubt. Happy birthday Brent ... hope you had a good one too!
On October 9th it was a very special day for our favourite 3 year-old (Wow, I can't believe he's 3 already!). A giant Happy Birthday to the big little man Dylan. For those of you who haven't met our nephew (Brian's sister's son) he is a firecracker ! He has an infectious smile and endless energy. It is impossible not to jump up & do some Happy Feet with him when he gets going. His last two birthday parties were at a place called Wonderland in Abbotsford. They have rides & games & all sorts of flashing lights & noise, etc ... talk about kiddie Nirvana. We will certainly miss this year's party & watching Dylan tearing around & whooping with glee. I'd also be interested to see how much cake to face smearing will be going on ... he certainly improved from 1 to 2! Enjoy your day Dylan, we'll be thinking of you ... lots of imaginary hugs & kisses from Auntie F & Unca Brian!
Also & this one really got me ... we got a letter in the mail from the wonderful couple looking after our bulldog, Mojah. It included some pictures ... *sigh* Oh, we miss that silly girl so much!


No comments: